Easy Ways to Increase Our Memory
As in the previous article, namely the Smart Secret of Jews where there are also good food factors for intelligence, here may be a more complete review of this food. There is a saying in English that says ‘you are what you eat’. What you eat besides describing your physical and emotional health, also affects the state of mind and the health of your brain cells. According to some studies, there are several types of foods that keep us away from Alzheimer’s disease and other forms of Dementia or senile symptoms due to the aging process.
According to Cynthia Green, PhD, the founder and director of the ‘Memory Enhancement Program at Mount Sinai School of Medicine in New York City’ who is also the author of the Game Plan Book ‘Brainpower says that there are several ways to keep young brain cells healthy and sharp and intercepts the brain from damage caused by inflammation. That is, by choosing foods intelligently to maintain brain cells English editing service to remain intelligent in addition to regular exercise plus working on the ‘brain’ every day by working on games that stimulate the development of brain cells.
Here are 10 types of foods recommended by Cynthia Green to improve the memory and performance of our brain:
1. Fatty fish:For example salmon, mackerel, tuna, sardine is rich in omega 3 which is very beneficial for the health of the mind. In 2006 at Tufts University found that in people who ate fish 3 times a week had the highest DHA levels in their blood which could reduce the risk of developing Alzheimer’s disease by up to 39%.
2. Green vegetables and 4 flower petals: broccoli, cauliflower, bokchoi, cabbage, kale which are rich in anti-oxidants (high vitamin C) and carotenoids that can protect the brain from damage.
3. Apokad, healthy oil (olive oil, canola oil), nuts and seeds. Research shows that for those who consume foods that contain vitamin E (not from supplements), it can reduce 67% chance of getting AD.
4. Dark chocolate: Chocolate that is not mixed with milk (at least 70% of its chocolate content) contains flavonoids that are useful for brain health besides also lowering blood pressure. Other foods containing flavonoids: apples, red and purple grapes, red wine, shallots, tea and beer.
5. Curcumin: Make it a habit to add spices that contain curcumin, such as turmeric, or drink herbal ingredients made from turmeric or ginger. Because curcumin substances can clear proteins in the brain that cause Alzheimer’s disease called amyloid.
6. Brown rice, havermout / oatmeal, and whole grains:helps stabilize sugar levels in our blood. Glucose is one of the important energy sources for the brain. If it is not fulfilled, we will easily forget and have difficulty concentrating. In addition, natural sugars can be obtained from fruits, vegetables, and peas.
7. Water: 3/4 part of the human brain consists of water. In addition, all our cells also need healthy water to work properly. Research at Ohio University, found that people who consumed enough water (not other fluids) scored high on brainpower tests than those who lacked water intake. Get used to drink 6-8 glasses of water / day.
8. Gotu Kola:or better known as gotukola (Centella asiatica / horse legs, hoe gowang, pegago, antanan). It is suspected that triterpenoid glycosides called asiaticoside are extraordinary antilepra and wound healers and enhance memory nerves. Indians drink gotukola tea to increase memory power and stay young. Gotu kola can be obtained at the rice fields.
9. Caffeine: Despite the pros and cons of caffeine for health, a study in France showed that women who drank 3 cups of coffee or were better able to remember more words than women who did not drink coffee or drink only a little coffee. But keep in mind, excess doses of caffeine can be a boomerang for health.
10. Berries:Strawberries, raspberries, blueberries contain many antioxidants, especially blueberries. Unfortunately blueberries are hard to come by in Indonesia. However, we can buy frozen blueberries and can be processed to spread bread or syrup.